Bayou Tour with River Road African American Museum
Event Date: February 18th, 2017
The River Road African American Museum will host a special bayou tour Saturday, Feb. 18, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- bus tour of significant sites narrated by the author of the book "The Thibodaux Massacre - Racial Violnce and the 1887 Sugar Cane Labor Strike"
- site of the battle that liberated area slaves
- Plantations and fields struck by workers in 1887.
- Cabins dating back to slavery.
- Site where murdered black strikers are believed buried.
- signed copy of the book
- plate lunch
- 2 tour tickets for the River Road African American Museum
- 9 a.m. from the Macy's parking lot (Mall of Louisiana in Baton Rouge) - return at 4 p.m.
-10 a.m. from the River Road African American Museum - return at 3 p.m.
The tour price is $75/person. Call 225-206-1225 to reserve your seat. Proceeds benefit the River Road African American Museum in Donaldsonville.