Louisiana’s mild climate and abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities are invitations to complete your outdoor adventure by enjoying one of the many campsites in our area. Call ahead for availability when applicable.
BAYOU TECHE CORRIDOR AREA
- Atchafalaya Basin Primitive Campsites - Click here to access a list of locations with GPS coordinates and a map. These are primitive camping sites. Some of the sites are located in clusters, so it is possible to continue on to another site if there are campers already at the site. Additionally, the sites are large enough to accommodate numerous campers if campers are willing to share the space. This article by the Atchafalaya Basin Program offers more detail about locating these sites.
A full-color satellite Atchafalaya Basin map can be purchased from the Louisiana Geological Survey located on the LSU campus. Call 225-578-8590 or write to: Box G, Baton Rouge, LA 70893. The folded map is $9; mailed in a tube is $12.
- Atchafalaya Delta WMA - Morgan City, LA area (337) 373-0032 Map 1 Map 2
- Sherburne WMA - Opelousas, LA (337) 948-0255 Map
- Lake Fausse Point State Park - St. Martinville, LA 337-229-4764 or 888-677-7200
- L’Acadie Inn & RV Park - Eunice, LA 337-457-5211
- Lakeview Lodge on Lake Concordia - Ferriday, LA 318-757-2267
- Lakeview RV Park - Eunice, LA 337-457-2881
- Opelousas South City Park - Opelousas, LA 337-948-2562
- Bayou Wilderness RV Resort - Carencro, LA 337-896-0598
- KOA Lafayette - Scott, LA 800-562-0809, 337-235-2739
- Frog City RV Park - Duson, LA 337-873-9085
- La Boulaie RV Park - Broussard, LA 337-856-0555
- Maxie’s Campground - Broussard, LA 337-837-6200
- Poche’s Fish-N-Camp - Breaux Bridge, LA 337-332-0326
- Pioneer Campground - Breaux Bridge, LA 337-332-3502
- Frenchman’s Wilderness Campground - Butte La Rose, LA 337-228-2616
- Allemond Point Campground - Henderson, LA 337-228-1207
- Cajun Palms RV Resort - Breaux Bridge, LA 337-667-7772
- Grand Point RV Retreat - Breaux Bridge, LA 337-332-4917
- Catfish Heaven - St. Martinville, LA 337-394-9087
- Chase’s RV Park - New Iberia, LA 337-365-9865
- KOC Kampground - New Iberia, LA 866-902-5267
- SugArena RV Park Fairgrounds - New Iberia, LA 337-365-7539
- Uncle Dick Davis Park - Butte La Rose, LA 337-319-5758
COASTAL ZONE AREA
- Attakapas WMA (Most are state-owned lands in this area) - Myette Pointe, LA 318-253-7068 Map
- Elm Hall WMA - Napoleonville, LA 337-948-0255 Map
- Chitimacha Tribe of LA RV Park - Charenton, LA 800-284-4386
- Crow’s Landing - Franklin, LA 337-828-4327
- Cypress Lake RV Resort - Berwick, LA Phone 985-399-5981
- Kemper Williams Park - Patterson, LA 985-395-2298
- Lake End Park & Campground - Morgan City, LA 985-380-4623
- Mary’s RV Park - Franklin, LA 337-578-5226
- MC RV Park - Morgan City, LA 985-385-4813
- Roy El Oak Campground - Bayou Vista, LA 985-384-7931
- Capri Court Campground - Houma, LA 800-428-8026
- Carriage Cove - Houma, LA 985-872-2756
- Grand Bois Campground - Bourg, LA 985-594-7410
- Hideaway Ponds Recreational Resort - Gibson, LA Phone 985-575-9928
- Lapeyrouse Seafood Bar - Grocery & Campground, Chauvin, LA 985-594-2600
- Linda’s Campground & RV Park - Gibson, LA 985-575-3934
- Moose’s Camping - Gibson, LA 985-575-2858
- Paris’ Camper & RV - Gibson, LA 70356 985-575-3348
- Tiger Oaks Resort - Gibson, LA 985-226-6486
- Whispering Oaks Mobile Home & RV Park - Houma, LA 985-879-2075
UPPER ATCHAFALAYA AREA
- Grassy Lake WMA - Bordelonville, LA 337-948-0255 Map
- Spring Bayou WMA - Marksville, LA 318-253-7068 Map
- Richard K. Yancey WMA - 35 miles south of Ferriday, LA 337-948-0255
- Bird’s Eye View RV Park - Effie, LA 318-253-8140
- Paragon Casino Resort RV Park - Marksville, LA 800-578-7275
- Red River RV Park - Marksville, LA 318-253-8261
- Lakeview Lodge - Ferriday, LA 318-757-2267
- Riverview RV Park & Resort - Vidalia, LA 866-336-1402
- Bergeron’s on the Bayou - Jarreau, LA 225-627-9292
- Deville’s Place - Morganza, LA 225-718-0246, 225-718-2559
- Major Enterprise’s - Jarreau, LA 225-627-6953, 225-921-8828
BETWEEN TWO RIVERS AREA
- Crescent Luxury RV Resort - Donaldsonville, LA 225-473-8241
- B & B Mobile Home & RV Park - Donaldsonville, LA 225-473-4744
- Lamar-Dixon Expo Center - Gonzales, LA 225-621-1700
- Twin Lakes Park - Geismar, LA 225-673-4199
- Vesta Mobile Home & RV Park - Gonzales, LA 225-644-2952
- Cajun Country Campground - Port Allen, LA 225-383-8554, 800-264-8554
Tips for a safe and eco-friendly camping trip:
- If you arrive at your campsite and discover that someone missed picking up the last bits of trash from their visit, lend a hand by packing it up to bring with you for later disposal. Leave your campsite better than you found it.
- Bring reusable utensils and plates. While disposable plates and utensils may seem like the more convenient option to bring along when camping, the excessive use of these products can be wasteful. Plus, you have to carry your trash with you anyway so it can end up being more of a hassle. Bring just enough reusable plates and utensils that are needed for lighter and more eco-friendly travel.
- Don’t forget bug spray!
- Leave baby alligators alone! If you disturb one, it will call for Momma to come to the rescue.
- Be careful when building a campfire. Always use an existing campfire site instead of building a new one. If you must build a new campfire, make sure to build it away from dry grass or overhanging branches. Don’t cut down live trees to use for the campfire. Instead, use branches that are already on the ground or bring your own. Please don’t put whole driftwood trees on your campfire – it leaves unsightly half-burned logs. Douse the campfire with plenty of water until it’s cool to the touch.
- Practice safe boating, especially when crossing main waterways. Water levels in the swamps and waterways tend to be high from winter to spring and low from summer to fall.
- The swamp and wooded areas are home to poisonous snakes such as water moccasins, rattlesnakes, copperheads and coral snakes, all of which like to be left alone.