Wetland Boat & Swamp Tours
Where else would you find the most intriguing wetland tours but in the Atchafalaya National Heritage Area? Check out all the listings below for a wide variety of independently owned and operated boat and swamp tours. For more information about a specific tour or to make a reservation, contact the tour operator directly.
- Bergerons on the Bayous Campground, 4895 Zach Road, Jarreau, LA
BETWEEN TWO RIVERS REGION
- Atchafalaya Lagniappe, LLC P. O. Box 259, 76680 Sexton Lane, Grosse Tete, LA 70740 225-648-2415 or 225-287-8045
- Last Wilderness, Plaquemine, LA
225-659-2499 or 225-692-4114
- Tickfaw Water Taxi, 12475 River Highlands Drive St. Amant, LA 70774
BAYOU TECHE CORRIDOR REGION
- Atchafalaya Experience, Henderson, LA. Mailing address: 338 N. Sterling Lafayette, LA 70501 | 337-261-5150 or 337-277-4726
- Bayou Vermillion Boat Tours, 501 Fisher Rd., Lafayette, LA 70508 | 337-232-0789 or 337-233-4077
- Angelle's Whiskey River, 1365 Henderson Levee Road, Henderson, LA | 337-228-8567 (swamp tours, bar, restaurant, riverside docks and dancehall)
- Atchafalaya Basin Landing & Marina, 1377 Henderson Levee Rd. Breaux Bridge, LA 70517 – Does regular and airboat tours | 337-228-7880
- Cajun Country Swamp Tours, 108 Mills Ave. Breaux Bridge, LA 70517 | 337-319-0010 or 337-332-6365
- Champagne's Cajun Swamp Tours, 1151 Rookery Rd., Breaux Bridge, LA 70517 | 337-230-4068
- Couret’s Atchafalaya Boat Tours, Henderson, LA |
337-296-1173 or Pager 337-272-8888
- Gator Swamp Tours, Breaux Bridge, LA | 337-258-6769 | email@example.com
- LeBlanc Swamp Tours, 4939 Main Hwy, St. Martinville, LA
337-332-6546 or 337-654-1215 TOURS AVAILABLE IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH
- McGee's Landing Atchafalaya Swamp Tours, 1337 Henderson Levee Rd, Henderson, LA | 337-228-2384
- Mequet Swamp Tours, 1399 Henderson Levee Rd., Henderson, LA
- Scully’s Swamp Tours 3141 Highway 70 Stephensville, LA
985-385-2388; seasonal by appointment only
- Airboat Tours, Inc., Marshfield Boat Landing off Highway 86, Loreauville, Louisiana, 337-229-4457
COASTAL ZONE REGION
- Attakapas Adventures L.L.C., Captain Ginger A. Rushing, 1324 Hwy. 401, Napoleonville, La. 70390 | 985-369-8588 or 985-637-8923
- Cajun Houseboat & Rentals Inc.
1201 Brashear Ave., Suite 438A, Morgan City, LA 70380,
(985) 385-6621 or (888) 508-5031, Anthony Brown, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Rents houseboats, bayou-side cabins, day boats, canoes and kayaks. Bird and breakfast tours. Evening/night swamp tours. Bird and wildlife watching. Located within a chain of three lakes and miles of bayous.
- Cajun Jack’s Swamp Tours, 118 Main St., Patterson, LA | 985-395-7420
- Airboat Charters Inc., Jamie's Landing, Theriot, LA, 70363 | 985-872-0989 | As a Native American and lifelong resident of Bayou Dularge, Captain John will take you on the ride of your life where you will be amazed at the beauty of the bayous, marshes and lakes. In the daytime, his customers often see oyster, shrimp, and crab boats at work, along with egrets, herons, and other marsh creatures. At night, shrimp jump on top of the water and marine life are visible through the water from above. By appointment only.
- Annie Miller's Son's Marsh and Swamp Tours, 3718 Southdown Mandalay Rd., Houma, LA, 70360, 985-868-4758 Enjoy Mandalay Wildlife Refuge, marsh, swamps, bayous, canals and wildlife. Hear about Alligator Annie. Learn about Louisiana's coastal erosion. Open 7 days a week. Please call for reservations. No credit cards.
- Atchafalaya Basin Backwater Tours, 6302 N. Bayou Black Dr., Gibson, LA, 70356, 985-804-4543 Three hour boat tour covering 15,000 years of history and ecology. Walking is part of the tour, so please dress appropriately. Tour leaves at 10:30am, seven days a week (weather permitting). Please call for reservations 24 hours in advance. No credit cards accepted.
- Bayou Black Airboat Service, Bayou Black Marina, LA 182, Gibson, LA 70356, 985-665-8571 | Customized tour deep into the swamp and marshes, credit cards not accepted.
- Cajun Tours, 709 May Street, Houma, LA 70360 985-872-6157, Showcasing swamps, plantations, Cajun culture (alligator hunter, net maker and musicians) with meal & lodging packages available. 9-5 daily, AE, MC, V credit cards accepted.
- Cajun Man's Swamp Tours & Adventures, Bob's Bayou Black Marina, Gibson, LA 70356 | 985-868-4625 | Head into the swamp with Captain Billy Gaston for this narrated adventure with authentic Cajun music playing along the way. Tours in English (French translator available for groups of 6 or more if booked at least 5 days in advance). Open Monday- Saturday. Tour times vary. Please call for reservations. Cash or credit cards accepted.
- Wetland Tour & Guide Service, Falgout Canal Landing, Bayou Dularge, Theriot, LA, 70397, (985) 851-7578 | Captain Wendy will take you through a cypress swamp, across lakes, and down bayous from freshwater to increasing salinity where you will see healthy areas degrading from marsh to open water. Along the way you will also see wading birds, water fowl, alligators, and aquatic plants. This educational tour brings to the forefront both the beauty and the plight of Louisiana's vanishing wetland. By reservation only.