Atchafalaya National Heritage Area News & Updates
Please select from the story list below:
- 04.16.13 | NPS Website Features Atchafalaya NHA
Now a designated trail, paddlers of all ages are encouraged to explore Bayou Teche through kayak and canoe events.
- 04.01.13 | Speaker Series Commemorates Civil War Sesquicentennial
- 03.27.13 | Teachers: Curriculum Available Now!
- 11.26.12 | Heritage Area Signs Define Boundaries
- 09.21.12 | NPS Launches Latino Heritage Itinerary
Heritage Area Featured in new NPS Itinerary
- 05.22.12 | French language preservation continues as 58 Paul Breaux students receive diplomas
Lafayette Parish French immersion program recognizes students.
- 02.03.12 | NYC Gets Glimpse of Atchafalaya National Heritage Area
If the swamp in Manhatten was intriguing, wait until you experience the real thing in Louisiana!
- 06.29.11 | Atchafalaya Swamp featured on The Today Show
As part of their "America The Beautiful" series The Today Show started with our own Atchafalaya. This short clip takes a look at the beauty and people of the Atchafalaya National Heritage Area.