Atchafalaya National Heritage Area News & Updates
Please select from the story list below:
- 10.03.16 | Lt. Gov. Nungesser Announces 10th Anniversary of Atchafalaya National Heritage Area with Atchafalaya Month this October
- 12.07.15 | French Immersion Excursion (song workshop) - Jan. 16, 2016
- 09.25.15 | French Immersion Excursion (paddling) - Oct. 6 and 10, 2015
- 08.24.15 | CanoeKayak.com - Why paddle the Mississippi River: Part 5
- 08.19.15 | For visitor information about the heritage area call 337.228.1094.
- 08.01.15 | Sept. 15 deadline for Atchafalaya Water Heritage Trail site submissions
- 07.21.15 | Atchafalaya National Heritage Area Developing Water Heritage Trail
- 07.09.15 | Bayou Teche Map receives national award and heads to Congress
- 07.02.15 | The Nature Conservancy Launches Atchafalaya River Basin Initiative
The Nature Conservancy today announced the acquisition of 5,359 acres in the Bayou
Sorrel region of the Atchafalaya River Basin, marking the first step in a long-term vision to conserve and restore America’s great swamp forest.
- 04.06.15 | Bayou Teche Named National Water Trail and 2015 Leave No Trace Hot Spot